Schools in Mooresville
Mooresville is essentially served by the award winning Mooresville Graded School District. At the same time, Mooresville is somewhat in the Iredell-Statesville school system. A proposition in the 2007 North Carolina state spending plan could have solidified the two systems.
By 2010, each student from the fourth to the twelfth grades at the Mooresville Graded School District was known to have a MacBook laptop. Mooresville as of late has finished the construction of a new elementary school and intermediate school. The middle school was then moved to Mooresville Intermediate School, and the old middle school is been utilized as a one of Mooresville High School’s extended campus, referred to as the Magnolia Street Campus.
In 2010, the secondary school’s football stadium of Mooresville Graded School District was renamed and dedicated to the iconic Coach Joe Popp. The 1961 Mooresville Blue Devils football team under the guidance of Coach Joe Poop, went home as champions of the NC State High School Football Championship. Up till now, they remain the only team to have been crowned champions of this particular competition. Coach Popp is likewise a member of the Catawba College Sports Hall of Fame. Coach Popp Stadium is situated behind the Mooresville High School’s Magnolia Street Campus.
Mooresville is additionally Mitchell Community College’s extended campus location. The main campus is in Statesville, the district seat of Iredell County.
Notwithstanding having first class schools, the community of Mooresville has a class 5A Marching Band, Pride in Motion, which is loved as one of the state’s best.
The Mooresville Graded School District
- Park View Elementary (grades K–3)
- Rocky River Elementary (grades K–3)
- South Elementary (grades K–3)
- Mooresville Intermediate (Grades 4–6)
- Mooresville Middle School (Grades 7–8)
- East Mooresville Intermediate (Grades 4–6)
- F. Woods Technology & Art Center (Part of MHS)
- Mooresville Senior High School (Grades 9–12)
Iredell-Statesville School District
- Woodland Heights Elementary School
- Mourne International Baccalaureate School
- Lakeshore Elementary School
- Lake Norman Elementary School
- Brawely Middle School
- Shepherd Elementary School
- Lake Norman High School
- Lakeshore Middle School
- South Iredell High School
- Collaborative College for Technology and Leadership (Early College High School program)
- Coddle Creek Elementary
- Troutman Middle School
- Troutman Elementary School
- Woodlawn School located 1 mile north of Davidson College in Iredell County
- Lake Norman Christian School (Now at to Davidson, North Carolina)
- Langtree Charter School
- Pine Lake Preparatory School (Charter School)